Data center consultant Granlund grows in the Nordics
3.5.2021 – Pelle Ahlström to head business development in Granlund Sweden
Already working with several data center clients in Sweden, Granlund Group opened its Lidköping office in 2020. This year, Granlund Sweden hired Pelle Ahlström to head business development.
In the data center industry, Pelle Ahlström has worked with sales and business development for nearly 15 years. Before joining Granlund, he headed the sales at Swedish data center operator EcoDataCenter where they built the first climate-positive data center in the world.
Now Pelle Ahlström takes on a new challenge as a head of business development at Granlund Sweden. “My mission at Granlund is to look for new business opportunities and find innovative ways of doing business. This huge challenge excites me – I really like the way Granlund sees the business in the future. I look forward to learning new things within the industry and developing datacenters from design to project management”, says Pelle Ahlström.
The CEO of Granlund Sweden Marcus Karlsson is delighted to have Pelle on his team. “Pelle is a valuable addition for us. He brings such a strong customer understanding and sales approach to the team”.
Strengthening the Nordic presence
With experienced engineers and a solid background in technical building services, Granlund offers a holistic package from designing the data center from concept to commissioning. Granlund works with the biggest operators in the data center industry and with smaller local companies as well.
However, Granlund Sweden is the group’s first data center unit outside Finland. “We are very eager to be the trailblazers and grow Granlund’s data center presence in the Nordics”, says Marcus. “Every customer relationship is based on trust, and it takes time to build that trust. We are ready to put in the time”.
Granlund Sweden is also going to expand in the becoming years. “Our aim is to hire 50 more new employees in the next coming years”, Marcus says.
Pelle’s predictions: What are the key drivers for data center development now and in the future?
- More data. The amount of data is increasing constantly. The data center industry will reach its peak within 5-10 years.
- Sustainability 2.0. With the ever-increasing data, reusing power and utilizing waste heat created by data centers is essential. For instance, the Swedish power systems are developing fast and renewable energy sources are on the rise in the Nordics.
- Shifting approaches to handling data. It is a growing trend for large companies to outsource their IT and datacenter business.
- Data brought close. 5G, AI, self-driving cars – they all need low latency which means data processing close to the users. Is the solution small data centers in containers, or perhaps edge data centers?
- Cloud, cloud, and more cloud. Besides hyperscalers like Amazon and Google, more cloud-providers are emerging into the market. Traditional data centers are also changing their business.
- The industry never sleeps. The data center industry is hard to predict. We need to keep our ears and eyes open and listen carefully to our customers. Finding the silent signals and keeping up with trends is critical.
Pelle Ahlström, Senior Business Development Executive, Granlund Sweden
+46 703 88 44 52 | email@example.com
Marcus Karlsson, CEO, Granlund Sweden
+46 766 48 88 13 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to hear more?
Smart and customer-oriented hospitals – IHDA alliance takes Finnish hospital design excellence to Europe
29.08.2022 – Expert companies in Finnish hospital design and construction have jointly launched the Integrated Hospital Design Alliance (IHDA) project, which promotes…
Granlund Sweden plays big role in data center business
11.04.2022 – A team of ten engineers is shaping the future of data center design. Now Granlund Sweden has plans to expand.
Granlund made a record number of acquisitions in 2021 – the Group continues to grow
16.02.2022 – Granlund made a positive operating profit during 2021. Granlund made a total of seven acquisitions in Finland.
Granlund to expand in Sweden – transaction with ECO Konsult i Stockholm AB
18.01.2022 – The aim of the transaction is to strengthen Granlund’s company network in the building services sector in Sweden.
Granlund acquires Lean 4D to take construction project scheduling to the next level
14.01.2022 – The aim is to take the data-based scheduling and cost control of construction projects to a completely new level and…
LUMI Receives Honors in global DCD Awards 2021
09.12.2021 – LUMI has received honors in the global DCD Awards presented in London on 8 December 2021. LUMI was recognized with…
The key to a successful data center project
25.11.2021 – Granlund Sweden leads data center projects from conceptualisation to commissioning. Daniel Johansson and Jonas Olsson give five tips to successfull…
Granlund Sweden at Data Center Forum in Stockholm
11.11.2021 – Granlund Sweden has vast experience of participation in different types of construction projects with specialization in data center business.
Giant multidisciplinary E3 project is looking for research-based solutions to prevent the spreading of different viruses
04.11.2021 – The E3, Excellence in Pandemic Response and Enterprise Solutions Co-Innovation project is one of the largest joint projects between companies…